Manufacturing and Service Automation Lab
Associate Professor of Industrial Engineering
School of Computing and Augmented Intelligence
Senior Sustainability Scientist
Julie Ann Wrigley Global institute of Sustainability
Office: BYENG 336
Email: fengju AT asu DOT edu
- Stochastic modeling and control of production systems and healthcare delivery systems
- Real-time monitoring and control of additive manufacturing
- PhD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2015
- MS, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2011
- BS, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2010
Selected Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award, IISE Transactions, 2021
- Best Healthcare Paper Award Finalist, IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), 2021
- Dr. Hamed K. Eldin Outstanding Early Career IE in Academia Award, 2021
- Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award, IISE Western Region, 2020
- SME Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award, 2020
- Best Student Paper Award, IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), 2019
- Faculty Residency Award, Mayo-ASU Alliance for Health Care, 2019
- Runner-up Award, NIST RAMP competition, 2018
- Best Student Paper Award Finalist, IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), 2017
- Best Student Paper Award Finalist, IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing (INCOM), 2015
- Most Popular Article, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (TASE), 2013
- Best Paper Award, IFAC Conference on Manufacturing Modeling, Management and Control (MIM), 2013
- Feifan has won the finalist award in IEEE CASE best healthcare paper competition. Congratulations!
- Sepehr and Lu won the second place in 2021 ASME-CIE Hackathon. Congratulations!
- Dr. Ju has been promoted to Associate Professor with Tenure effective this fall.
- Our paper first authored by Feifan won the Best Paper Award in IISE Transactions!
- Dr. Ju has won the Outstanding Faculty Advisor award from IISE
- Nathan Chmelnik has won the UPS scholarship for minority students from IISE.
- Welcome CS students Elisa and Ethan joining the group as undergraduate researchers.
- Congratulations to Lorenzo, Nathan, Katelyn and Emma for successfully defending their Honor Thesis.
- Feifan successfully defended his PhD dissertation. Congratualtions Dr. Wang!
- Congratulate Eeshan for successfully defending his MS thesis.
- Dr. Ju is selected to receive the Dr. Hamed K. Eldin Outstanding Early Career IE in Academia Award.
- Dr. Ju gave a talk on large scale additive manufacturing research at ORIE seminar of UT Austin.
- Dr. Ju has been promoted as the chair of sustainable production technical committee at IEEE RAS.
- Dr. Ju has been assigned as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engneering.
- Sepehr has successfully passed the comprehensive exam. Congratulations!
- Feifan won the prestigious Dean’s Dissertation Award. Congratulations!
- Dr. Ju received funding from NIST on additive manufacturing process control
- Our paper on multi-fidelity modeling and control of production system has been published in IEEE TAC.
- PhD student Chih-Kai received prestigious Fulton Fellowship. Congratulations!
- Dr. Ju received funding from Boeing on factory process improvement.