Weekly funding newsletter
We send weekly newsletters about funding opportunities to Fulton School faculty members. To subscribe to our newsletter, email Sean Jones, assistant director of research advancement.
Early career funding
Data management plan
- ASU Guidance/Resources on Data Management Plans
- DMP Tool
- NIH Frequently Asked Questions on Data Sharing
- University Office of Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness (UOEEE)
UOEEE is uniquely positioned to provide evaluation assistance and/or to serve in an independent evaluation capacity for externally funded programs and grants or for internal evaluation efforts. UOEEE develops evaluation plans, designs research and evaluation instruments, collects quantitative and qualitative data, analyzes results and provides high quality reports to clients.
- College Research and Evaluation Services Team (CREST)
Gain a competitive edge in your proposal, project, or grant application. CREST engages ASU researchers and the local community in the evaluation and research process from start to finish. The services provided include writing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans for grant proposals, framing evaluation questions, creating evaluation plans and research designs, implementing data collection, analyzing data, interpreting results, and disseminating the findings.
The Engineering Research Office offers a range of support services for faculty proposal submission. Below are details on the pre-award services we offer. To see if your proposal qualifies and which service is best suited for your proposal development needs, please contact your Research Administrator (RA).
All grant proposals worth $1M or more and all Early Career/Young Investigator awards are eligible for editing support. You can request support by checking the relevant box in the Proposal Intake Form or by emailing Daniel Froid directly. This service includes editing for grammar, clarity, logic, and organization; reviewing the document against solicitation guidelines; and editing letters of support and other supplementary documents (as time/availability permit). All submissions and edits are treated as confidential.
Assistant professors also qualify for free editing of one journal publication per year. Contact Daniel Froid if interested.
All grant proposals worth $1M or more and all Early Career/Young Investigator awards are eligible for graphic design support. Graphics support involves working with a graphic designer to create quality art and images of ideas and concepts to include in the proposal. Please review the guidelines to learn more about what levels of costs are covered and contact your Research Administrator.
Need a letter of support or commitment from Fulton Schools leadership? We can help. ORIEN works with FSE leadership and Deans to secure letters of support and commitment for proposals to funding agencies.
Note: Requests must be received at least 10 days prior to the sponsor deadline.
- Determine if a letter is required or recommended by the soliciting organization or funding agency.
- Identify who needs to sign your letter (e.g., Director, Vice Dean, Dean).
- Determine what the letter needs to illustrate (e.g., infrastructure support, cost sharing, goal alignment).
- Prepare a draft letter using this template.
- Send the draft letter (as a Word file), solicitation information (as a PDF), and any background documentation (e.g., cost-sharing approvals, facilities documents) to your Research Administrator (RA). Include a timeframe for when you need the letter returned.
- Your RA will contact ORIEN. ORIEN will review the letter and contact you with any clarifications or edits.
- Final drafts will be routed for signatures internally and returned upon completion.
To align with university procedure, Fulton Schools has modeled these processes on those put forth by Knowledge Enterprise’s Research Development team.
Engineering technical services research support
Engineering Technical Services (ETS) provides researchers in the Fulton Schools with world-class services and tools for research, discovery, and development.
Check out the ETS Research Services support page to see a comprehensive list of resources, technologies, and services available to faculty, researchers, and research advancement administrators.
Data analysis support
Data support can be provided for grant proposals and reports, and includes the following:
- Retention and graduation rates
- Course and curriculum
- Investigator research dollar amounts
In the past, our data analysis services have been able to provide data for NSF grants, such as IGERT and CAREER, as well as for NSF reports on STEM vs. non-STEM student demographics.
A minimum two-week lead time is requested to respond to data requests. Complex analyses (e.g., time to degree for graduate students) may require additional lead time.
Contact: [email protected]
Did you know? You can connect with companies to advance your research. Learn more about the Business Engagement Catalyst.