(29) M. M. Korah, S. Ly, T. S. Barbosa, R. Nile, K. Jin, K. S. Lackner, M. D. Green, Electrospun Poly(Vinyl Alcohol)–l-Arginine Nanofiber Composites for Direct Air Capture of CO2. ACS ES&T Eng. 2022.
(28) T. Tang, S. Alfarhan, K. Jin, X. Li, 4d Printing of Seed Capsule‐Inspired Hygro‐Responsive Structures via Liquid Crystal Templating‐Assisted Vat Photopolymerization. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2022, 33 (5), 2211602.
(27) B. Zhao, C. J. McCutcheon, K. Jin, I. Lyadov, A. J. Zervoudakis, F. S. Bates, C. J. Ellison, Enhanced Mechanical Properties of Uniaxially Stretched Polylactide/Poly(Ethylene Oxide)-b-Poly(Butylene Oxide) Blend Films. ACS Appl. Polym. Mater. 2022, 4 (11), 8705–8714.
(26) S. Alfarhan, J. Brown, B. Liu, T. Long, K. Jin, Chemically Recyclable Crosslinked Thiol‐Ene Photopolymers via Thiol‐Disulfide Exchange Reactions. J. Polym. Sci. 2022.
(25) D. Joralmon, S. Alfarhan, S. Kim, T. Tang, K. Jin, X. X. Li, Three-Dimensional Printing of Liquid Crystals with Thermal Sensing Capability via Multimaterial Vat Photopolymerization. ACS Appl. Polym. Mater. 2022, 4, 2951-2959.
(24) W. Xu, S. Jambhulkar, D. Ravichandran, Y. Zhu, M. Kakarla, Q. Nian, B. Azeredo, X. Chen, K. Jin, B. Vernon, D. Lott, J. Cornella, O. Shefi, G. Miquelard-Garnier, Y. Yang, K. Song, 3D Printing-Enabled Nanoparticle Alignment: A Review of Mechanisms and Applications. Small 2021, 17, 2100817.
(23) A. Banerji, K. Jin, M. Mahanthappa, F. Bates, C. Ellison, Porous fibers templated by melt blowing cocontinuous immiscible polymer blends, ACS Macro. Lett. 2021, 10, 1196-1203.
(22) R. Nile, H. Rajput, C. Sims, K. Jin, Sensing the Melting Transition of Semicrystalline Polymers via a Novel Fluorescence Technique, Polymer 2021, 230, 124070.
(21) C. McCutcheon, B. Zhao, K. Jin, F. Bates, C. Ellison, Crazing mechanism and physical aging of poly(lactide) toughened with poly(ethylene oxide)-block-poly(butylene oxide) diblock copolymers, Macromolecules 2020, 53, 10163-10178.
(20) L. Li, Z. Qiang, X. Chen, K. Jin, M. Wang, J. Torkelson, Impact of bottlebrush chain architecture on Tg-confinement and fragility-confinement effects enabled by thermo-cleavable bottlebrush polymers synthesized by radical coupling and atom transfer radical polymerization, J. Polym. Sci. 2020, 58, 2887-2905.
(19) H. Kim, K. Jin, J. Shim, W. Dean, M. Hillmyer, C. Ellison, Sustainable triblock copolymers as tunable and degradable pressure sensitive adhesives, ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2020, 8, 12036-12044.
(18) D. Sheppard, K. Jin, L. Hamachi, W. Dean, D. Fortman, C. J. Ellison, W. Dichtel, Reprocessing post-consumer polyurethane foam using carbamate exchange catalysis and twin-screw extrusion, ACS Cent. Sci. 2020, 6, 921-927. (Highlighted in C&EN news, Materials Today, and other news stories)
(17) K. Nomura, X. Peng, H. Kim, K. Jin, H. J. Kim, A. Bratton, C. Bond, A. Broman, K. M. Miller, and C.J. Ellison, Multiblock copolymers for recycling polyolefin-polyester mixed waste, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2020, 12, 9726-9735.
(16) K. Jin, S. Eyer, W. Dean, D. Kitto, F. S. Bates, and C. J. Ellison, Bimodally distributed nano- and micro-fiber nonwovens by melt blowing immiscible ternary polymer blends, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2020, 59, 5238-5246.
(15) A. Banerji, K. Jin, K. Liu, M. Mahanthappa, C. J. Ellison, Crosslinked nonwoven fibers by room temperature cure blowing and in situ photopolymerization, Macromolecules 2019, 52, 6662-6672.
(14) T. Wei, K. Jin, J. M. Torkelson, Isolating the effect of polymer-grafted nanoparticle interactions with matrix polymer from dispersion on composite property enhancement: The example of polypropylene/halloysite nanocomposites, Polymer 2019, 176, 38-50.
(13) K. Jin, A. Banerji, D. Kitto, F. S. Bates, and C. J. Ellison, Mechanically robust and recyclable crosslinked fibers from melt blown anthracene-functionalized commodity polymers, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2019, 11, 12863-12870.
(12) J. Xu, J. Eagan, S. Kim, S. Pan, B. Lee, K. Klimovica, K. Jin, T. Lin, M. Howard, C. J. Ellison, A. LaPointe, G. W. Coates, and F. S. Bates, Compatibilization of isotactic polypropylene (iPP) and high density polyethylene (HDPE) with iPP-PE multiblock copolymers, Macromolecules 2018, 51, 8586-8596.
(11) K. Jin, S. Kim, J. Xu, F. S. Bates, and C. J. Ellison, Melt-blown crosslinked fibers from thermally reversible Diels-Alder polymer networks, ACS Macro Lett. 2018, 7, 1339-1345.
(10) L. Li, X. Chen, K. Jin, and J. M. Torkelson, Vitrimers designed both to strongly suppress creep and to recover original cross-link density after reprocessing: quantitative theory and experiments, Macromolecules 2018, 51, 5537-5546.
(9) K. Jin, E. Leitsch, X. Chen, W. H. Heath, and J. M. Torkelson, Segmented thermoplastic polymers synthesized by thiol-ene click chemistry: examples of thiol-norbornene and thiol-maleimide click reactions, Macromolecules 2018, 51, 3620-3631.
(8) X. Chen, L. Li, K. Jin, and J.M. Torkelson, Reprocessable polyhydroxyurethane networks exhibiting full property recovery and concurrent associative and dissociative dynamic chemistry via transcarbamoylation and reversible cyclic carbonate aminolysis, Polym. Chem. 2017, 8, 6349-6355.
(7) K. Jin and J. M. Torkelson, Tg-confinement effects in strongly miscible blends of poly(2,6-dimethyl 1,4-phenylene oxide) and polystyrene: Roles of bulk fragility and chain segregation, Polymer 2017, 11, 85-96.
(6) K. Jin, L. Li, and J. M. Torkelson, Bulk physical aging behavior of crosslinked polystyrene compared to its linear precursor: Effects of cross-linking and aging temperature, Polymer 2017, 115, 197-203.
(5) K. Jin, L. Li, and J. M. Torkelson, Recyclable crosslinked polymer networks via one-step controlled radical polymerization, Adv. Mater. 2016, 28, 6746-6750.
(4) K. Jin and J. M. Torkelson, Enhanced Tg-confinement effect in crosslinked polystyrene compared to its linear precursor: role of fragility, Macromolecules 2016, 49, 5092-5103.
(3) K. Jin, N. Wilmot, W. H. Heath, and J. M. Torkelson, Phase-separated thiol-epoxy-acrylate hybrid networks synthesized by simultaneous thiol-acrylate and thiol-epoxy click reactions, Macromolecules 2016, 49, 4115-4123.
(2) K. Jin, W. H. Heath, and J. M. Torkelson, Kinetics of multifunctional thiol-epoxy click reactions studied by differential scanning calorimetry: Effects of Catalysis and Functionality, Polymer 2015, 81, 70-78.
(1) K. Jin and J. M. Torkelson, Tg and Tg breadth of poly(2,6-dimethyl-1,4-phenylene oxide)/polystyrene miscible polymer blends characterized by differential scanning calorimetry, ellipsometry, and fluorescence spectroscopy, Polymer 2015, 65, 233-242.
(1) J. M. Torkelson, K. Jin, and L. Li, Reprocessable crosslinked network polymers with alkoxyamine dynamic covalent bonds, U.S. Patent No. 10618991, 2020.
(2) D. J. Fortman, W. R. Dichtel, D. T. Sheppard, K. Jin, C. J. Ellison, Urethane exchange catalysts and methods for reprocessing cross-linked polyurethane foams, U.S. Patent No. 17605831, 2022.